Helping you achieve skin confidence
What are Skin Boosters?
Skin Boosting is the newest cosmetic approach to younger looking skin. They work by gradually improving the elasticity, hydration and overall condition of your skin, leaving you with fewer fine lines and wrinkles and a fresh, natural appearance. If you feel like your skin needs a boost of vitality, our team of skilled practitioners in Leeds can help you achieve your complexion goals.
How do Skin Boosters work?
The skin is made up of two layers – the dermis (the under layer) and the epidermis (the outer layer). One of the key ingredients in our youthful appearance is hyaluronic acid (HA), which exists in the dermis and acts as a sponge to hold water and add volume in the skin cells. As we age we produce less HA, which is why wrinkles, lines and a more hollow appearance in the cheeks becomes common. Skin Boosters act to restore the HA in the dermis, creating volume and reducing the appearance of lines.
Our Skin Boosters can help to:
- Reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, frown lines, forehead lines, cheek and lip lines
- Rejuvenate the complexion by hydrating from the dermis
- Add volume to hollow areas like the cheeks
- Reduce wrinkles and lines on the neck and décolletage
Before we begin treatment, we’ll ask you to come in for a no-obligation consultation. During this appointment we’ll discuss your medical history, desired results, treatment timings, finances and any concerns you have. All of this will help us tailor the treatment plan to your needs and desired results.
On the day of treatment, we’ll apply some local anaesthetic cream to treatment areas to reduce sensation during injections. Small amounts of the Skin Booster will then be injected into problem areas using very fine needles – this shouldn’t take longer than 20 minutes depending on the size of the treatment area.
The injections are safe and simple, although you will feel pin pricks as the gel is being administered. Our friendly and professional team will take care of you every step of the way, making sure you are as comfortable as possible throughout your appointment.
There are a few things you should do before coming in for your treatment. We’ll talk about these in your consultation, but they include:
- Avoiding alcohol 24 hours prior to treatment
- Avoiding any nonessential blood thinning medications for up to a week before the injections
- Ensuring your face is clean and make-up free on the day of treatment
- Letting your practitioner know of any medications you are taking including courses of antibiotics as this may affect whether we can treat you.
You may experience some mild bruising, redness and tenderness after your appointment but this should last no longer than two days. There are a few things you can do to get the best possible results from your treatment, including:
- Avoid touching and applying make-up or creams to the treatment areas for 24 hours after your appointment.
- Do not drink alcohol for the first 12 hours post-treatment.
- Elevate your head and avoid lying flat, particularly in a face down position.
- Do not massage or rub the injection sites.
- Avoid facial treatments such as waxing, peels or dermabrasion for at least 48 hours post-treatment.
- For three days after treatment, try to avoid non-essential blood thinning medication and alcohol, along with fish oils or other fatty acids supplements.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or freezing temperatures for up to two weeks.
- To reduce the chance of bruising, avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours. Ice packs and arnica gel can help to minimise bruising.
Any swelling or redness should disappear after two days and you’ll be able to see the results of the treatment. Initially you’ll have three treatments, 2-4 weeks apart. Most patients will then opt to have top-ups two to three times per year. Over time, treatment regenerates the fibroblasts in the skin, which in turn can increase the natural production of collagen and elastin, meaning you benefit from ongoing effects beyond your initial treatment plan.
|Single Treatment||Pack of 3 10% Saving|
|Consultation||£25 redeemable against the first appointment|