Helping you achieve skin confidence
What is facial acupuncture?
Facial acupuncture is a holistic health and beauty treatment which has its grounding in traditional acupuncture. It is known to naturally improve the healthy appearance of the skin, making it look younger and smoother. Unlike injection procedures, facial acupuncture addresses not only signs of ageing, but the skin’s overall health.
Benefits of facial acupuncture
The benefits of cosmetic facial acupuncture are long established and widely recognised. They include:
• Reducing wrinkles and fine lines
• Reducing under-eye bags and dark circles
• Pore size reduction
• Improved muscle tone
• Improved feeling of wellbeing
• Regulating hormones
• Improving circulation
This treatment not only works on the localised area, the face, but on your overall health and wellbeing. On the face, cosmetic acupuncture helps to reduce the signs of ageing. When the needles are inserted into the skin, they cause what is known as a micro-trauma. The body responds by producing healing enzymes and increased blood and oxygen flow to the area. It can also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the skin. On a more holistic level, facial acupuncture can promote deep relaxation. Targeting pressure points or trigger points on the body can promote the release of endorphins and serotonin – the body’s feel-good
Most patients find the sensation of acupuncture pleasant rather than painful. The needles used are very fine and lightweight, meaning you will barely feel them entering the skin. You may feel a sensation of warmth or occasionally a dull ache around the insertion sight, but generally speaking, this is not described as painful.
This very much depends on the results you want to achieve. In your consultation, your practitioner will work with you to create a tailored treatment plan. It’s possible that you will see the effects of the treatment after just one session, but for the best results we advise on a course of 8 or more sessions.
No. Needles used in acupuncture treatments are sterile and single-use only.
Firstly, we will invite you for a consultation to ensure that the treatment is right for you. During this
appointment we’ll discuss the results you would like to achieve and assess your overall muscle, soft tissue
and skin health. This also gives you the chance to ask as many questions as you like.
• After your consultation, you’ll be ready for your first session.
• Each session takes approximately 1 hour, during which time your practitioner will insert the fine needles into acupuncture points on the face to promote blood flow, oxygen and collagen production.
• Needles are left in for around 30-45 minutes, optimum time for the treatment to achieve results.
• There is no recovery time needed, once the treatment is complete, you’ll be able to walk straight out of the treatment room and carry on with your day.
• We usually try to see patients twice a week for 5 weeks to ensure the procedure is as effective as possible.
|Pack of 5 (15% Saving)
|Pack of 10 (20% Saving)