Helping you achieve skin confidence
Microneedling is a skin treatment which helps to revive and rejuvenate the skin. This treatment can be carried out on the face or body and can help with common complaints including dull skin, wrinkles and melasma.
Microneedling causes tiny, controlled micro injuries to the skin. This stimulates a natural healing response in your body, triggering it to create new cells. Alongside this, your body produces more collagen and elastin, which has an almost immediate plumping effect on the skin. The three phases of the treatment are:
1. Inflammation – micro-injury to your skin triggers your immune system to increase blood flow and create new tissue.
2. Proliferation – the wound begins to heal and a new network of blood vessels develop.
3. Remodelling – new dermal tissue and blood vessels are rebuilt on the injury site.
Microneedling works well on all types of skin but is particularly good for darker skin tones as there is no risk
First off we will invite you for a consultation to ensure that the treatment is right for you and safe for your skin. This also gives you the chance to ask as many questions as you like. After this consultation you’ll be ready for your first session. The treatment takes 30-60 minutes depending on the area being treated.
Firstly, your practitioner will apply topical anaesthetic to the treatment area; this helps to numb the skin and reduce any discomfort. Your practitioner will then move the microneedling pen over the treatment area, using a serum to help the pen glide over the skin. This creates the micro injuries mentioned above.
You may feel a slight vibration or mild sensation during the treatment, but it is not painful. After the treatment, your skin will appear pink or red – similar to mild sunburn – this is completely normal. Your practitioner will provide aftercare advice to help reduce redness. There is no recovery time needed – once the treatment is complete, you’ll be able to walk straight out of the
treatment room, although do be aware that your skin will remain pink/flushed for up to two days. We try to see patients every 6 weeks to ensure the treatment is as effective as possible.
The number of treatments you require will depend on your unique needs, goals and the condition of your skin. Before treatment, we will carry out a consultation so we can assess your individual case and create a treatment plan tailored to you. Generally, the treatment requires a few sessions to achieve the desired results, and often it can take up to six sessions.
There are a few ways you can prepare for microneedling in order to get the best out of the treatment:
- Avoid any acid based products including retinol, glycol and salicylic acid for two weeks prior to treatment.
- Inform us of any medication you take – oral roaccutane or isotretinoin must be discontinued at least six months prior to treatment.
- Avoid laser, peel, IPL, Resurfacing, RF, Fillers or Botox for seven days before treatment.
- Ensure you don’t have any infection or inflammation on the treatment area.
- Let us know if your medical status changes, or if you are pregnant.
- Do not apply make-up, perfume or deodorant on the areas being treated before your appointment.
|Free Consultation||Single||Pack of 3 (10% Saving)||Pack of 6 (15% Saving)|